Revision video condencing all of Approaches for AQA paper 2 psychology into a quick rundown.
See the Approaches playlist for a more indepth information and evaluation writing for each section.
www.psychboost.com for more resorces and support.
https://www.patreon.com/psychboost for access to the script and to help support the channel
Covered in this video:
Origins of psychology: Wundt, introspection and the emergence of psychology as a science.
The basic assumptions of the following approaches:
• Learning approaches: the behaviourist approach, including classical conditioning and Pavlov’s
research, operant conditioning, types of reinforcement and Skinner’s research; social learning
theory including imitation, identification, modelling, vicarious reinforcement, the role of mediational
processes and Bandura’s research.
• The cognitive approach: the study of internal mental processes, the role of schema, the use of
theoretical and computer models to explain and make inferences about mental processes. The
emergence of cognitive neuroscience.
• The biological approach: the influence of genes, biological structures and neurochemistry on
behaviour. Genotype and phenotype, genetic basis of behaviour, evolution and behaviour.
• The psychodynamic approach: the role of the unconscious, the structure of personality, that
is ID, ego and superego, defence mechanisms including repression, denial and displacement,
• Humanistic psychology: free will, self-actualisation and Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, focus on the
self, congruence, the role of conditions of worth. The influence on counselling psychology.
• Comparison of approaches.